Monday, March 19, 2012

Sunday at the Arcade

Game Arcade on Broadway (C)2012 Glenn Primm Photography

When I was very young, there was a coin riding horse parked on the sidewalk in front of the drugstore near where my family lived at 3rd and Union, near downtown L.A. It was a real beauty - a miniature Roy Rogers palomino. With that in mind, I recalled that the arcade on Broadway had some coin rides, so Sunday I took a stroll on over to see if perhaps they had a palomino, too.

Unfortunately, the coin rides have disappeared, and no one was around who could tell me when and where they went, so I turned around to leave. That's when I saw this scene.

Not quite a pony, but good enough, I think.

Nikon D70s w/Nikkor 18-70mm f3.5-5.6 G ED, ISO 200, 1/60 sec @ f4
Click on image for deluxe version