Sunday, February 12, 2012

Darth Vader Food Truck


Food truck, DTLA (C)2012 Glenn Primm Photography

The monthly Downtown Art Walk features art, obviously, and it's popularity has grown from a handful of visitors at the first Art Walk in 2004 to an estimated 15,000 more recently, and the food trucks have moved in.

The trucks are pretty scarce in the downtown core most of the time, but they arrive in the dozens during Art Walk. There was an explosion in the numbers of them about a year ago and the City Council and the Art Walk Board put together a plan to shunt them off the main streets and onto parking lots, which quite frankly makes them now hard to find.

I spotted this unit hiding in a corner of a lot in an undisclosed location. I had never seen it before and I was taken with it's stealth appearance, appropriate given the strict regulations on where to set up one of these beasts nowadays.

As for the food itself, I couldn't tell you, since I prefer to sit down when I eat.

Nikon D70s w/Nikkor DX 55-200mm f4-5.6 ED VR